9/16/10

Dust Bowl?



That rag the Cobble Hill Courier described the patch as a "dust bowl" in last week's paper? Honestly, does this look like a dust bowl? I don't know why they like to pick on this project -- but one must remember they are an affiliate of the NY Post. Sigh. Anyway, I love the way the garden looks right now with the dead stalks amongst all the green -- flowering mountain mint, wild flowers, blossoming squash and there are even beans tangling themselves around the yellow stalks and up the bamboo sticks. The garden is full of life. At some point we will plant the winter rye, but right now I'm enjoying it as is. I hope the neighbors (besides those grumps at the Courier) are too. When I'm at the patch people keep asking me if we got any corn. So now I'm thinking that I should display the harvest at some point in the patch. But how?

No comments:

Post a Comment