6/23/10

Dirt and Beer




Today I rode out to Brooklyn College to drop a soil sample from the Canarsie garden off at the soil testing service in the Geology Department. We'll see if we can get to the bottom of why the corn had such a tough time germinating. It's going to be tested for everything - organic content, heavy metals, pH and more. I'm really looking forward to the results. Seeing I was already more than halfway to Canarsie I decided to swing by the garden and check on the Lenape blues. And I'm happy to report that they look great! Hardly a trace of purple can be seen on their leaves. No one has been knocked over or devoured. I am feeling hopeful again. Rode back to Carroll Gardens under the hot Brooklyn sun. 88 degrees today and humid. After the ride I treated myself to an ice cold beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment